Follow the steps below to set a default printer in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Click the Windows Start icon at the bottom of the screen and then click the Settings icon (it looks like a gear symbol).
- In Settings, click "Devices", and then click "Printers & scanners" on the left.
- On the right side, uncheck the box labeled "Let Windows manage my default printer". You might have to scroll down to see it.
- Click on the printer that you want to be the default, click the Manage button, and then click the "Set as default" button.
- Close the Settings window.